Join the Halloween fun at the Carnegie Science Center’s 21+ Night event called Romero Lives. It will take place on October 12th from 6-10 pm. See movie screenings and creepy science presentations celebrating the work of the late legendary horror filmmaker George Romero. Come dressed in your best Halloween costume and participate in the 21+ Night: Romero Lives Costume Contest. And there’s more. Here is an overview of what you’ll get with your 21+ Night ticket:
See a screening of the George Romero classic, Creepshow, and explore activities and demonstrations from the anthology film. See creeping cockroaches, discover plants that kill, and more!
Watch short films, inspired by Romero, from the Douglas Education Center’s George A. Romero’s Filmmaking Program, and meet the filmmakers. One example, Relentless, is below:
Go behind-the-scenes with the team behind the “godfather of gore” Tom Savini’s Special Make-Up Effects Program, and see special effects art in action.
Take a wicked dance class with Pittsburgh Heat Dance Company before you monster mash with our DJ in PointView Hall.
21+ Night: Romero Lives Costume Contest – Prizes will be handed out for the following costume categories: Best Individual Costume, Best Couples Costume, Best Dead Scientist Costume, and Best Overall Costume. Official rules are available here.
- Observe live brains with Carnegie Mellon University Professor Timothy Verstynen as he shares his lecture on, “The Living Dead Brain: What human brains teach us about zombie minds”
- Trick-or-treat! Be on the lookout for surprise goodies scattered throughout the museum
- Enjoy a FREE zombie-themed rum sample from Maggie’s Farm Rum
- Receive a $20 FREE PLAY voucher from River’s Casino
- Flashback to the horrors of high school as Pittsburgh’s scariest haunted house, ScareHouse, brings classic high school faculty back to life for an epic zombie homecoming dance
- Jam out to laser karaoke in Buhl Planetarium
- Explore the history of science fiction as the Carnegie Science Center brings a fan-favorite back to life in its Frankenscience show at the Works Theater
- Plus, enjoy music, cash bars, four floors of exhibit exploration, and no kids!
Tickets cost $15 if purchased by noon the day of the event. If they are not sold out, you can also buy them at the door for $20. Advanced tickets cost $13.50 for Carnegie Science Center members. You can order tickets online at the Carnegie Science Center website.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail after you purchase tickets. To obtain your event wristband, show your Photo I.D. at the ticket counter when you arrive for 21+ Night.
Carnegie Science Center
One Allegheny Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15212